199 Cooper Rd, Cabot, PA 16023

Built by the Cooper family circa 1810, the cabin was an original county homestead. It was enlarged after the Civil War and family descendants remained in the cabin until 1962. In 1976, the cabin and grounds were bequeathed to the Society.

The cabin is furnished with family heirlooms and memorabilia as well as other period pieces. Outbuildings include a spinning house and a spring house. There is also an extensive herb garden graciously maintained every year by the Herbal Thymes Garden Club of Saxonburg.

Cooper Cabin is currently closed for repairs.

Contact Us

Phone: 724-283-8116

Email: society@butlerhistory.com